Income Tax Return: Now the last two days are left to fill the Income Tax Return (ITR) for the financial year 2019-20.
Income Tax Return: Now the last two days are left to fill the Income Tax Return (ITR) for the financial year 2019-20. Its last date is 31 December 2020. In such a situation, the Income Tax Department has given important information by tweeting. The Income Tax Department has tweeted that it has come to them that users are facing some problem in receipt of Aadhar based OTP for e-verification of ITR filed. The matter has been taken up with the concerned authorities.
The Income Tax Department stated that though it is reiterated that where ITR has to be filed within the stipulated period, e-verification of ITR can be done within 120 days of the filing date with Aadhaar OTP or any other options. Apart from Aadhaar based OTP, there are five other ways, which can be used to e-verify ITR.
According to the information given on the official website of the Income Tax Department, any person can get ITR e-verified with the help of these 6 methods given below.
- Verify the returns online with the help of NetBanking
- E-Verify the returns with the help of bank ATMs
- E-Verify the returns through Aadhaar OTP 4. Get E- Verify ITR through a bank account 5. Demat account number Make returns through e-Verify
- Offline Return Verification
- To verify online income tax return with the help of Net Banking, login to your NetBanking account.
- After this, click on the income tax e-filing given by the bank.
- Click on the e-Verify link given against the filled return.
- Your return will be verified.
- While e-verifying returns through net banking, you will get a list of all the banks that support returns e-verification through NetBanking.
- Swipe the ATM card in the bank’s ATM.
- Click on ‘Pin for Income Tax Filing’.
- An electronic verification code (EVC) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now go to the income tax department website and log in and click on the e-verification return option.
- Click on the option of ‘Already generated EVC through bank ATM’.
- Enter the EVC code sent to your mobile, your ITR will be verified.
To verify returns from Aadhaar OTP, firstly your Aadhaar should be linked to PAN.
- To verify online income tax return, go to INCOME TAX website and click on ‘e-Verify Return’ under ‘Quick Link’ in left side.
- Now login with the help of user ID and password.
- Select the option to verify returns through Aadhaar OTP. In this option OTP registered mobile number will come in your Aadhaar.
- After submitting the OTP number, click Submit.
- You will get a message to successfully e-verify returns.
- To verify the return through a demat account, your demat account will have to be pre-validated. For this, your PAN should be linked to your demat account. This process will be completed in 1 to 2 hours.
- After validating the demat account, go to the Generate EVC option and select the generated EVC through Demat account number.
- EVC will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Fill this EVC on the e-filing portal.
- Your return will be verified.
- In order to e-verify returns through a bank account, your bank account number must be pre-validated. To validate the bank account number, the bank account number has to be linked with PAN.
- After validation, go to the e-filing portal and click on the e-verification link.
- After login, select the option of return verification from the bank account and submit your bank account details and generate OTP.
- An EVC will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- After submitting this EVC, your return will be verified.
Offline return verification
To verify ITR offline, the ITR-V form will have to be sent to CPC, Bengaluru within 120 days from the date of e-filing. The signed ITR-V will be returned only after receipt and your return will be considered verified.